tiistai 16. maaliskuuta 2010

About Vault 44


After playing Fallout 3 for a year, re-playing Fallout 1 & 2 I decided that it's time to contribute something to the community. FO3 has a ton of mods, but for a player like me who likes to explore, meet new people and solve encounters in variety of ways the offering is not as good. Sure there are many mods by talented and dedicated people, but most seem to just add new guns, modify the rules and add more enemies. All this is good and without these mods I may have never started a mod my own :-)


So, what is Vault 44 mod?

- New adventure, new beginning

- New areas / wasteland (= not california, not vegas, not Washington). (Technically speaking: a new worldspace with Level-of-Detail currently 24x24 cells)

- New quests

- No new models, textures or animations. (well, vault suits and doors are added using existing textures as base)

- Currently: you have to start a new Character! I have design plans for bringing your existing character to my part of Wasteland, but It's not currently implemented.


Some design changes:

- stimpak do NOT heal crippling injuries

- ammo is rare (invest in melee or unarmed ;-)

- repair is rare

- no fast travel except by payment or plot

- and other things that I will blog more later


Here's one very boring screenshot to get this blog going...


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti